How to stop Call forwarding on your MTN, Airtel, Glo & 9Mobile SIM

Stop call forwarding

There is these assumption about Call Forwarding, most people assume that Call Forwarding is when you call someone, and the call is been diverted to another number. But that is not always the case.

What exactly is call forwarding? In this modern age, calls (this includes SMS, FAX, Data e.t.c) can be monitored by a third party. So it's like, you are calling someone and someone else is somewhere listening to your conversation with whom you are calling. Isn't this crazy? Yes, it real! This is the ideaology behind call forwarding.

Now that you know, this isn't something you should be afraid of, infact most people calls are been monitored,unknown them, I myself have been a victim of this.

Some few years ago, anytime I tried calling someone on my line I used to receive some call forwarding notifications of some sort, it was just so disturbing, and I didn't like it! I would have stopped those notifications immediately only if I knew how to, but the truth of it was that I didn't know how to, not until some few days ago, I finally found what I was looking for!

I could remember countless times I tried deactivating call forwarding from my phone's call settings, but to no avail, I still was receiving this call forwarding notifications. I know many Nigerians are still caught up with this issue, but after reading this article I can assure you that those days will be long gone, just like mine!

So without further ado, how do I check if my Calls, Messages, Data, and Fax are bee been forwarded or monitored by someone?

ALSO READ: How to check and confirm your MTN, Airtel, Glo & 9Mobile SIM Registration Status

Head straight away to your phone dialer, dial *#61#. When it loads, you will see a list of services you are not forwarded/forwarded to. If your call is been forwarded, you will see the number to which you have been forwarded to.

Now that you know how to check who has been monitoring your calls, your question would be,

How to cancel Call forwarding on my MTN, Airtel, Glo & 9Mobile SIM

Just dial ##002# on your phone and you will get a prompt message saying, your deactivation of call forwarding was successful!

I hope this helps? Feel free to share with us if you are finding any difficulty in doing this yourself, we are ever ready to help out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of phones that will no longer support WhatsApp as from 31st Dec 2016

iTel P36 Price in Nigeria and Specs

How to download Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) 2017 Iso Ppssp free on Android